Hall Place & Gardens
Tel 01322 527389
Entrance to the Butterfly Jungles Experience
£4 Adults £3 Children
Coach parties welcome - Parking, Cafe and award winning historical house and gardens on site, Miller & Carter restaurant alongside site (Charges apply to house, gardens are free)
School visit enquiries please click here to email our education department
(Suitable for wheelchairs but unsuitable for children's pushchairs & prams)
Groups can be booked for 12 or more. Adult group visits include a guided tour with one of our butterfly experts and a talk in the plant centre on butterfly plants. A 50% deposit is required on group bookings and can be paid by card over the phone.
(Please book in advance by calling 01322 527389, filling out the form below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rachel de Thame and Chris Collins opened 'The Butterfly Jungles Experience,Plant Centre & Shop' in the grounds of Hall Place in Bexley,Kent on February 14th 2014
At Hall Place & Gardens
The Butterfly Jungles Experience at Hall Place
We have opened the 'Butterfly Jungles Experience & Plant Centre' at Hall Place where visitors walk amongst stunning free flying butterflies from around the world in a rainforest environment full to the brim with beautiful exotic flowers.
All stages of their incredible lifecycle can be observed at first hand from egg laying,fascinating caterpillars and incredible pupae from which visitors can see the adult butterflies hatch and dry their wings.Witnessing this metamorphosis is extremely educational too and an invaluable resource for Schools where children can also learn about the tropics.
We have special feeding stations where you can observe the fruit feeding species, a favourite with Children and Adults alike!
The exhibit is open 10am - 3.30pm 7 days a week.
The Butterfly Jungles Shop and Plant Centre
We have all manner of Butterfly goodies on sale including the ever popular butterfly Kits where children can rear their own butterflies to release into the garden.
The Plant Centre offers a large and extensive range of butterfly attracting plants, shrubs, herbs, aquatics and wildflowers and our tropical plant section sells all sorts of rare and unusual exotics suitable for the greenhouse and conservatory or simply just something special for the home.
This is a brand new concept and worlds away from your local Garden Centre or Nursery as we are the first ever solely aimed at pollinators and wildlife. 96% of all plants sold are either a nectar plant for butterflies and bees or a caterpillar foodplant. The other 4% is made up of other plants which compliment the pollinator plants perfectly such as grasses for the herbaceous border and orchids for the indoor butterfly greenhouse or conservatory.
We don't sell or use chemicals, but use biological controls and safe soap sprays instead. All the plants we grow, import and buy in are devoid of the systemics, neonicotinoids and other harmful chemicals making them safe for wildlife. We are one of the most eco - friendly places in the whole of the UK to buy your plants.
Plant Centre is open 10am - 3.30pm 7 days a week
Come to Hall Place to experience the Ultimate Butterfly Paradise!
Precis Orithya - Blue Pansy butterfly
Morpho Peleides - Blue Morpho Butterfly (Above)
Morpho Polyphemus - White Morpho Butterfly
Papilio Cresphontes - Orange Dog Swallowtail
About Hall Place
Hall Place is a stunning Grade 1 listed Tudor House built in 1537 surrounded by 65 hectares of magnificent formal gardens and landscaped parkland that have something to offer visitors throughout the year.
The Hall Place gardens are one of only a handful of sites in the UK to have won the Civic Trust’s Green Flag award for eleven successive years and also have coveted Green Heritage Site status.
There are many features around the spectacular gardens. The west lawn boasts a stunning topiary lawn of chess pieces and the Queen’s Beasts, planted to mark the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. You can stroll around enclosed gardens, rose and herb gardens and admire inspirational herbaceous borders full of colour throughout the year.
The parkland, through which the River Cray flows, can be explored at a leisurely pace whilst discovering the exceptional collection of trees and the profusion of wildlife that call the estate home.
The former walled gardens have display gardens, model gardens and a sub-tropical plant house with a host of exotic plants, where you can see bananas ripening in mid-winter.
The new visitor centre in the grounds offers a riverside tearoom with unparalleled views of the parkland.
Queen's Beasts at Hall Place
The stunning Rock Gardens at Hall Place
Feedbacks from our Butterfly Jungles Experience